4th of July Fireworks
- Entry: No registration needed, but you must have your current 2015-2016 sailing card printed no later than Sunday Jul 3 (check card status in your account)
- Grills: We will have 2-4 charcoal grills going (but please precook food if possible)
- Music: We will have a live feed from the 4th of July official sounds during the fireworks!
- Guests: Each member who has a sailing card can bring one guest for free, second guest is $10, third is $20, and so on. (Kids (12 and under) are free).All guests must be with member at time of initial entry. Members may not bring guests in after they check in.
- Timing: Arrive by 7:00pm to make sure you find a good spot; doors close between 7 and 8pm.
July 4th is always a fun time at the Sailing Pavilion. MITNA members and their families are once again invited to join us grilling and watching the fireworks. The grills will be fired up around 4 PM and the fireworks show gets going at about 10:30. Please do not show up at the last moment. All MITNA members are strongly urged to arrive before 7 pm. Things get quite crowded and the capacity limit on the building is less than the number of people who wish to get in. Once capacity is reached Campus Police will close the doors and no more people will be able to come in.
Please bring a blanket to sit on as beach chairs tend to be awkward to step around. Pre-cook your chicken or pork so you are not accused of being a selfish grille hog. Our staff would love to allow you to sail until sunset but, it all depends on the orders we receive from the state police.
Requirements: Current Sailing Card
No registration needed, but to Join us on the 3rd you must have a current MITNA Sailing Card obtained before sunset on the 3rd of July (that means previously printed at the Pavilion, pending online requests are not valid). To obtain a sailing card fill out the online request and go to the pavilion before the 4th of July to have it printed.
No sailing cards will be issued after sunset on July 3rd.
Please contact the dockmaster if you have questions about acquiring a current sailing card.
Our guest policy on the 4th will be the same as it has been for the past few years. Please don't ask us to make exceptions. Each current MITNA member may bring one adult guest for free. Children are always free. Your second adult guest will pay $10. Your third adult guest will pay $20. Your fourth adult guest will pay $30, etc. Checks may be made payable to the MIT Sailing Pavilion; we expect to accept credit cards at the door.
For details about this event, see http://sailing.mit.edu/calendar/july4.php
Questions about this event should be directed to the organizer(s): MITNA Exec