Reserve the Pavilion
Mon 1 May
Tue 2 May
Wed 3 May
Thu 4 May
MITNA Firefly Fleet Racing
|Who:||MITNA Normal & Racing Members|
|Contact:||Firefly Fleet Chair|
Fireflies are the leading collegiate center-board racing dinghies in the UK, and MIT now has a major fleet of 20 boats! The Firefly is a fun, fast, 2-person, 2-sail sloop which can be sailed competitively by a far wider range of sailor-sizes than FJs. Come as a skipper-crew team, or come alone and find a partner on the dock!
- Videos of Rigging and Sailing the Firefly
- General Info/History on New Firefly Fleet at MIT
- Firefly - Wikipedia entry
- National Firefly Class Association (UK)
- Welsh club builds and races Fireflies in the 50s.
As they rig, check out the elegant latched mast partner mechanism.
CROTR 2012 photos courtesy of Ken Legler
All of the regattas run by MITNA follow the Racing Rules of Sailing set by World Sailing, as amended by the US Sailing Prescriptions set by US Sailing and the Class Rules of the Intercollegiate Dinghy Class as set by ICSA.