Thu May 23
Fri May 24
Sat May 25
Sun May 26
Latest ResultsOct 6See all results
Reserve!Want your own event?
Groups and individuals can reserve the Sailing Pavilion for their events. See the reservation page to request a date and check the costs.
Certificate Authority Information
- There is NO problem with the certificate, please install the MIT Certificate Authority to avoid this "error".
Modern web-browsers have a pre-installed list of companies that can create "security certificates" for websites. The pre-installed list is for comercial companies; non-profits, like MIT, are not in that list. Therefore, the browser does not know by default that the sailing.mit.edu certificate is valid.
The MIT Sailing Pavilion website uses certificates in order to
- Identify itself as the valid sailing.mit.edu website
- Encrypt information between the server and your computer
A "Certificate Authority" is a special piece of software which gives browsers the ability to authenticate a certificate. MIT has its own Certificate Authority, whichis the one you need to install.
Want to bypass the problem temporarily?
Click on "Continue to this website" or follow the steps to "add an exception", depending on your browser.
Install the MIT Certificate Authority
Click on MIT Certificate Authority, select "Open" (if asked), and follow the steps to install the MIT CA with authority to "identify websites".
You can read more about it at:
- General: http://ist.mit.edu/services/certificates/guide#site
- IE7: http://ist.mit.edu/services/software/ie/7x/xp-certificates#ca
- Safari: http://ist.mit.edu/services/software/safari/3x/macosx105/certificates#mitca
- Firefox: http://ist.mit.edu/services/software/firefox/certificates#mitca
When asked to "Choose a digital certificate", if you do not have any other certificates you can click either "OK" or "Cancel", it does not matter. If you have other (non-MIT) certificates, please click "Cancel".